Office 2007 End of LifeIf you are using Office 2007, it is recommended to upgrade.
For those still using Office 2007, it is recommended to upgrade your current environment.
Microsoft has announced that as of October 10, 2017, they will no longer provide;
- Technical support for issues.
- Bug fixes for issues that are discovered.
- Security fixes for vulnerabilities that are discovered.
Outlook 2007 will also be unable to connect to Office 365 mailboxes as of October 31, 2017. Which means if you are using Outlook 2007 you will not be able to receive and send emails.
Microsoft recommends that due to these changes that you should upgrade as soon as possible.
There are several options to upgrade so find what best suits your needs.
- Office 365 – a subscription-based version of Office with many different plans. (More Info.)
- Office 2016 – this is a one-time purchase and available for one computer per license.
For those worried about file compatibilities most, if not all, files you have created in previous versions of Office should be editable using the latest versions.
If you are looking for the most up-to-date Office we recommend considering Office 365.
Office 365 is always up to date, provides cloud storage, cross-device mobility, security and collaboration.
If it is not clear where you need to start when upgrading, please contact our dedicated IT experts to help you with this process.